Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Altenew Class Day 6

This was the final lesson in the With A Twist Class at Altenew Academy. The technique is Embossing with Die Cuts. The idea is to cut a bunch of die cuts and adhere them to the card front so that it looks embossed. This was more fun than I thought it would be and I like the result. I think the secret here is not to use a very intricate die. Personally, it would drive me batty to have to glue a tedious die multiple times. It's hard to see the bit of color here; the greeting and border are made from matte rose gold paper.

                                                  

This was the first time I have taken a class with Altenew. I enjoyed it very much and I will take more of their classes in the future. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love Altenew Classes and have taken a bunch - the price can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! I agree, a tedious die is soooo painful (ask me how I know lol)!

    ReplyDelete