Monday, March 27, 2017

Altenew Class Day 3

Day 3 of the Altenew "With A Twist" class was a shaker card where the window looks through to the inside of the card. It's not difficult to do; just something I never thought of. I had a sheet of this steampunk paper on hand so I decided to play with one of the hot air balloons. I had a minor catastrophe in that I accidentally knocked over my sequins. Oh yeah, silver and gold stars all over my floor! It was very pretty but not fun to pick up. So, here is the card and I'm also showing the inside so you can see that the window is through and through.
                                         
                                               


                                       

I had a small piece of paper left and I just couldn't let it go to waste. It works as a nice masculine version of the card. In case you can't tell, the border of the card is dark blue. I put an extra balloon on dimensional foam dots.

                                                   

1 comment:

  1. Oh so clever to have the balloon peeking through the window, great use of the image despite the minor 'catastrophe'. I only hope there were no sequins lost in the process... because we all know how precious they are, I know that I will go out of my way to make sure that I put the random lost sequin back into it's container, it seems silly that I can't just throw it into the bin... weird lol.

    ReplyDelete