Thursday, March 23, 2017

Altenew Class Day 2

Today's lesson was about Unexpected Color. Making this card definitely made me think outside the box. I prefer jewel tones and bright colors but I am not brave about mixing them. So for me to use red, aqua and lime green was going out on a limb. I took a deep breath and dove in. After the initial scare, I grew to like this combo.  I decided not to use the layering stamps for the inside of the flowers and go with black and white pens instead, pushing my creativity a little further.

I don't have the dies for this Peony stamp set so I had to fussy cut all of the pieces. Good thing I find cutting relaxing!!

                                           

5 comments:

  1. Another good card! Glad you got out of your box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ladies! And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card Ellie! Great choice of colours and your fussy cutting is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete