Friday, December 18, 2015

Favor Box Kit From Michael's

My friend Linda and I were shopping at Michael's (the happiest place on earth) last month and we each bought this kit. In my mind, these were going to be perfect for small Christmas gifts. The papers are two sided so the boxes will look nice both inside and out.


Everything you need is in this pad-papers, patterns and punch-out embellishments. All you have to do is trace the patterns onto the paper, cut, assemble and decorate.





Here are some of the patterns.













You need a pencil, scissors, adhesive and of course, coffee.






I made all but three of the boxes. They were easy to assemble and they look very nice. My only disappointment is that the boxes are pretty small. I should have realized that when I saw the wording "favor boxes" on the front of the kit. If you truly need patterns for favors this is well worth the money. They could be made for any occasion with appropriate papers. For gift boxes, I would say half of the boxes are too small for anything but the tiniest gift (like a nice diamond ring).


I'm not sorry that I bought this but it wasn't as useful for me as I thought it would be. However, if you go to Michael's now, all Christmas paper crafting is 60% off. For that price, the papers alone are worth the bargain price. Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Ellie, these turned out very cute! I was there today and didn't find anything. Ours was so picked over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. My Michael's had lots of 12x12 pads. I got two really pretty ones for that 60% off. One is Christmas cardstock in very cute designs. The other one is Mercury Glass metallics in four colors. I will be able to use it for cards all year round.

      Delete
  2. Ellie, I love your favor boxes. So cute and fun! I saw your blog over at the Outlawz and would like to join and be a follower but I can't see a box to join. Am I just not seeing it or have you not activated the Followers gadget? Message me at the Outlawz if you need any help finding it!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete